- Beginning in 1976 – has been involved in youth 5-pin bowling at the local, provincial, and national levels for over 40 years
- Started out as scorekeeper, then became a coach, a supervisor, and for over 30 years has been program director for kids from 3 years old up to 19 years of age
- With help from other volunteers, runs the league and tournaments, orders trophies and crests, raises money, and makes sure that the results are published in the paper
- Number wise, the program has maintained an enrollment of over 200 kids per year over the last 20 years – at its peak in the late 1990’s there were over 300 kids involved making it the 2nd largest 5-pin program in Ontario.
Has taken a countless number of teams to Provincial Finals over the years and 5 teams and 1 individual have advanced to National Finals
- 1993 – Bantam Girls Team
- 2005 – Junior Boys Team, Junior Boys Single
- 2006 – Junior Girls Team
- 2007 – Junior Girls Team
Awards & Recognitions
- 1989-90 – named “Program Director of the Year” by the National Youth Bowling Council
- 1995 – received Sertoma Club Service to Mankind Award
- At Bowlerama Head Office in Toronto, received “Variety Club Award” for recognition in helping handicapped kids
- 2010 – received “Distinguished Service Award” from Bowling Proprietors of Ontario
Jim continues to spend weekends at Chatham Bowlerama and a couple of other days a week doing the jobs necessary for the program to run successfully. He prides himself on the fact that he has always done it for the kids and not for himself.