1. The name of the organization is:
The Chatham Sports Hall of Fame.
2. The purpose of the organization shall be to recognize the members of the community for their contribution to sport and to preserve the history of sport in the community by establishing and maintaining a Hall of Fame to be located at the Chatham Memorial Arena.
3. The purposes of the organization shall be carried out without the purpose of gain for its members and any profits or other gains to the organization shall be used solely to promote its objectives.
4. The organization shall consist of a Board of Directors of eleven people and, of the eleven there shall be four officers (Chair, Vice-chair, Treasurer, Secretary). Four Directors shall be members of the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 642 and, seven members shall be from the community at large.
5. A vacancy on the Board of Directors shall be filled by appointment and recommendation of the organization in which the vacancy occurred (Royal Canadian Legion Branch 642). The seven community director positions, if vacant, shall be appointed by the Directors. The Chair shall be replaced by the Vice-chair.
6. The Constitution of the Hall of Fame may be amended by a two-thirds majority vote of the Board of Directors. An amendment shall be forwarded to the Board Members two weeks prior to the meeting at which it is to be presented.