1. The name of the organization is:
The Chatham Sports Hall of Fame.
2. The purpose of the organization shall be to recognize the members of the community for their contribution to sport and to preserve the history of sport in the community by establishing and maintaining a Hall of Fame to be located at the Chatham Memorial Arena.
3. The purposes of the organization shall be carried out without the purpose of gain for its members and any profits or other gains to the organization shall be used solely to promote its objectives.
4. As the original and founding organization, the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 642 must always maintain a “footprint” within the Chatham Sports Hall of Fame. In lieu of finding and maintaining four volunteers for the Board, the Royal Canadian Legion has agreed to reduce the number of Directors from four to two.
5. The organization shall consist of a Board of Directors of eleven people and, of the eleven there shall be four officers (Chairman, Vice-chairman, Treasurer, Secretary). Two Directors shall be members of the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 642 and, nine members shall be from the community at large.
6. A vacancy on the Board of Directors shall be filled via the following:
- The two Legion Director positions must be members of the Legion, and shall be recommended and appointed by the Directors in agreement with the President of the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 642.
- The nine Community Director positions, shall be recommended and appointed by the Directors.
- The Chairman shall be replaced by the Vice-chairman
7. The Constitution of the Hall of Fame may be amended by a two-thirds majority vote of the Board of Directors. An amendment shall be forwarded to the Board Members two weeks prior to the meeting at which it is to be presented.