George was born in
Toronto, played minor hockey moving up to
Junior. After junior he played 13 years of Senior
"A" winning team and individual honours. During
his playing days, George took up permanent residence in
Chatham, and is now retired from the Chatham Hydro.
- Played JR. "B" for Toronto Marlboros
under coach Buck Houle
- Played JR. "A" for Toronto Marlboros
with George Armstrong, Danny Lewicki, and John
MacKenzie. Coached by Syl Apps and Bob
- Played JR. "A" for Stratford
Kroehler's . Coached by Norman
"Pinky" Lewis. Voted Most Valuable
- Played SR. "A" with Stratford
Indians. He scored 62 goals including
7 "hat tricks" . Team won O. H. A.
and Eastern Canada Champions before losing to Fort
Frances in the Allen Cup Finals.
- O. H. A. finalists while coached by Howie Meeker
- Eliminated in playoffs by Chatham Maroons in 7
- After Stratford's team folded, went on to
Cornwall and played for 1 year and then moved to
Chatham and began playing for the Maroons
- Key member of the Maroons as they won the Allen
Cup - Senior Hockey Champions of Canada
- Toured with the Maroons playing in Russia and
Sweden. After returning to Canada, was
picked up by the Galt Terriers, along with Joe
Malo and Fred Pletsch. They went on to beat
Winnipeg and win the Allen Cup. At end
of the season was awarded the new Andy Bellemer
Trophy which is given to the player in the O. H.
A. senior series chosen by the referees to be the
one who "tries his hardest and gives his best
at all times"
- Led the Maroons in scoring and was second in the
league with 32 goals and 29 assists, 4 points
behind Irwin Gross of Windsor Bulldogs
- In last league game of SR. "A" scored
3 goals and 1 assist to edge Tom Clark for team
scoring championship with 26 goals and 40 assists
- Once his playing career ended, he coached JR.
Maroons for 11 years; Windsor Spitfires for half a
year; and SR. Maroons